Monday, March 27, 2017

Cross Cultural Understanding

After staying a month in Chiang Mai, I can analyze some good habitual that I can’t find in my country. I think through this program, I can get some new experience about culture from another country. I will give a list of some habituals from thai people, here they are :

·         1. They like walking or being pedestrian (while people in my country are lazy for walking)

·         2. Thai people are independent and dillegent. We can see it from small thing. For example in canteen, after eating thai people are not leaving the dirty plates in the table, they put that things in cleaner places and throw the leftovers into the garbage. (it is very rare in my country)

·        3. Thai people are patient. We can see it when they want to buy something or use some public facilities, they will line up automatically no one is competing for place. (it is hard to apply in my country)

·         4. Thai people are very organized. We can see it from small thing. For instance, in the public facilities like in overpass we will see a two signs, red in the right side and blue in the left side. Red for people who want to go up stair and blue for people who want to down stair. There’s no one violates this unwritten rule. (I never find like this one in my country)

5.   Thai people are relegious. It is proven when they see the statue of Budha or worship place, they will make sign of respect. (it is rare in my country)

Those things are good culture that I can find in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment